http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Bloggreen: The relevance of kids

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The relevance of kids

Span has a thread going about the relevance of breeding habits. I must say I totally agree. If it is such a big deal, how come it's only now we have a female PM? And I must say, the argument that being childless means your out of touch of the realities of parents doesn't hold. Now I have decided that I never want to have children (for various reasons) but that doesn't mean I never see the little critters. It doesn't mean I don't take my friends kids into account when organising social activites. It doesn't mean I don't consider parents when organising community events. It doesn't mean I don't think about the effects of decisions on children and young people. In fact, I think about the effects of decisions on children and young people more than I do about 'old people'. Have to say, this is another reason why I like the Greens, no way you'd ever hear any of them calling someone unqualified to have a policy position because of their personal circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home