http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Bloggreen: I have Hope - how about you?

Friday, April 29, 2005

I have Hope - how about you?

The Green Party and LOOP Recordings Aot(ear)oa have collaborated yet again on the fourth and final Green Room album, Green Room 004: Hope. And it rocks. I managed to get my hands on a pre-release version and have been listening to it non-stop. Especially since it has my favourite song of all time (and sums up the reason I do politics) Hope by Fat Freddy's Drop on it. I am particularly impressed with Nandor's new track. Ten steps above the last one in terms of lyrical strength but the message is still strong, political and positive. You can listen to it here (MP3 4.8MB). There's rumours circulating of a couple of really good launch gigs coming up too, I'll post more when I get some more details. Go out and buy it, it's in stores today. UPDATE Sorry should have put this here when I did the post, but to answer Greg... Green Room 004: Hope 1. All We Be : Trinity Roots 2. Burning : Kora 3. Swans : Rhombus 4. Dust : Recloose feat Jo Dukie 5. Forward Dub : Cornerstone Roots 6. Immortal Lion : Confucius 7. One of Those Days : Illphonics 8. In Your Hands : Opensouls 9. Sylphlike : Solaa feat Ladi6 10. Child Standing : Hollie Smith 11. Turn It Around : Fly My Pretties 12. My Absolution : Rhian Sheehan 13. St Kevin : Phoenix Foundation 14. Hope : Fat Freddy's Drop 15. One Inity : Nandor and Module (Please send my links if any of these bands have websites that I couldn't find from a quick google search - ta)

1 Comments:

At 4/29/2005 02:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another one, cool! Great lineup too.

I disagree with Greg I thought that number two was a bit *girly* but that was the point and I still like it, has more power. I thought number three was amazing and totally stepped it up a notch from the first two. I'm off to buy this one now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home