http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Bloggreen: Yay for me! And yay for Hamilton!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Yay for me! And yay for Hamilton!

Today is my birthday and for the first time in ages I woke up to a brilliant blue sky. I won't bore you all with stories of personal enlightenment and spiritual discovery cause a) it's none of your business and b) it will scare the right-wingers away. But I did think it rather significant this morning that I was in the garden and I got to sit and watch a monarch butterfly hatch and unfurl and dry its wings. Mmmm, the wonders of nature. So I'm still away but will be back on board again soon. But two things to share. Spent a bit of time in the 'Tron or Rocky Horror Hamilton as it now appears to be known. Now Hamilton has always been the unofficial boyracer capital of NZ but they now have a Rotary accessory shop on the main street! It doesn't sell Rotary engines, just accessories. That is SO COOL!!! The other cool thing I saw was the cop car driving down the main street with a coathanger as an aerial, yay. Hamilton rules so much.

4 Comments:

At 7/20/2005 09:53:00 PM, Blogger Kakariki said...

Thanks to the person who left birthday wishes, I deleted your post because I chose to keep my identity annonymous. Please respect that.

 
At 7/23/2005 01:55:00 PM, Blogger Rebel Heart said...

hi, if anyone is interested in visiting my new blog i'd love some visitors : ) it's a right wing blog, feel free to come agree or debate with me

jesuscrux.blogspot.com

happy birthday, God bless you

 
At 7/24/2005 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Span said...

happy birthday! sorry i missed it. i hope it continued in the same excellent vein.

as for respecting people's anonymity, don't even let Aaron Bhatnagar find out who you are, he seems to have no respect for other people's pseudonyms grrrrrrr!

 
At 8/01/2005 02:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you like watching Monarchs in the deep of winter, you might be interested to see http://monarch.org.nz - the butterfly, not the Queen :)

There is a bay in Northland which is a Monarch wintering spot, and currently under threat of development ... have a look anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home