http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Bloggreen: But he's keeping his job

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

But he's keeping his job

Press Release by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade New Zealand's High Commissioner to Ottawa, Graham Kelly Commented as follows. "I presented evidence to the Canadian Senate Committee on Fisheries and Oceans on 14 April 2005. In the course of explaining New Zealand's fisheries management system I made some remarks which have clearly caused offence. I acknowledged they were inappropriate and apologised when the Secretary of Foreign Affairs raised the matter with me shortly after my testimony to the Committee. I also acknowledged the same points in apologising to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade when he was in Ottawa earlier this month. I now apologise unreservedly to all New Zealanders for the offence my remarks have caused."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home