http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Bloggreen: Where was I?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Where was I?

I just wrote this big long post and then it got swallowed by the interwebby! It must be ASIO keeping an eye on me, they're pretty paranoid at the moment. Firstly, I want to thank all my friends for their emails and text messages of love, I wouldn't be coping if it wasn't for all that love. I did want to come home but I figured that Rod would call me a wimp, so instead I sat down and collated all of my footage of him to send over with the two Australian Senators attending Rod's funeral. There's quite a lot of stuff and I'm sure the parliamentary team will enjoy some of the candid stuff! I posted some stills I extracted for people to enjoy. As for Sydney, this place is bloody weird. Aside from the inability of tunnelling engineers to dig in the right place, the terrorism hysteria sweeping the city is scarier than the prospect of a terrorist attack! It has been positively bizarre watching the news. There is absolutely no attempt at unbiased journalism here and anyone who tries to question the government is openly mocked on air. It's really quite odd. Oh, and don't even talk about the indigenous people here, no one will know what you're talking about. Also, it's stinking hot! Predicted to get up around 35C today, glad I'm hanging out in an airconditioned office! Finally congratulations to Sue K for getting the chair of the Health Select Committee that's a well-deserved appointment. And I bet some officials will be breathing a sigh of relief now that she has to be the mediator not mediated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home