http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Bloggreen: The deal

Monday, October 17, 2005

The deal

One thing I can feel comfrotable about is the fact that we don't have a National-led Government. The thought of Don Brash cruising around the world representing this country did give me nightmares! But it isn't that wonderful. We now have two Ministers outside of Cabinet and outside of the Labour Party, Winston and Dunne. The full allocation of posts is as follows; Winston Peters picks up Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister for Racing, and Associate Minister for Senior Citizens. Peter Dunne will be Minister of Revenue and Associate Minister of Health. So if I read this right, has Peter Dunne got the portfolio for drugs? What?! What?! What?! I really hope Winston doesn't get Trade as well as Foreign Affairs. And I really hope he has some kind of accountability for his speeches overseas. As for the Greens, I think a lot of people will tthink we've got a bad deal out of this but from what I've read so far, it appears we've got the best of a bad result. It appears that we're getting a whole lot of extra Budget to play with and more access to information and consultation, yet no obligation to support the Government, nice one. I'm particularly pleased that we've increased access to student allowances, and have a commitment to raising the minimum wage. I will post further when I can. And for those interested, I'm in Shannon, hanging out with my family, and it's lovely! Went to Levin today which was quite exciting. Although I don't think I'll go back for a while... Later

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 08:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The word ugly is still conservative once used to describe the form of government. It is no secret that a lot of leaders are gratifying the deeds of their friends. As replacement for support, leaders appoint their supporters, which causes a lot of stability. Qualified leaders are left out if they maintain their adverse support.

 
At 11/28/2023 03:13:00 AM, Anonymous Kips Animal Crossing New Leaf said...

Thanks for sharing thiis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home